Welcome to my website: eleanorsteinmd.ca
This website will provide you with information about my practice, access to recent newsletters, publications and presentations and a way to purchase the newly released “Let Your Light Shine Through” a manual for patients and health care providers. The objective of the manual is to guide patients with ME/CFS, FM and MCS towards improved health.
I am a psychiatrist in private practice in Calgary Canada and a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Calgary.
I have worked for the past 11 years exclusively with patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.
I offer medical diagnosis and treatment as well as individual and group psychotherapy for people with ME/CFS, FM and MCS.
I am the founder of the ETeam, the only multidisciplinary team in Canada offering objective assessment of cognitive and sensory function in people with ME/CFS, FM, MCS or a history of toxic exposure. I have been involved in a number of research projects on the autonomic nervous system, exercise capacity and infection in ME/CFS.
My career objective is that every patient in Canada with ME/CFS, FM and MCS will have access to timely, accurate diagnosis and compassionate, evidence based treatment within the Canadian publicly funded health care system.
To find the following information, click on the appropriate tab along the top.
- Manual – Overview information about my manual “Let Your Light Shine Through”. a resource for patients and health care providers to assist with symptom management of ME/CFS, FM and MCS.
- Store – Click on this tab to obtain a copy of the manual. It may be purchased in downloadable e-version, on CD or hard copy formats.
- Services – Information about the services offered through my office in Calgary.
- ETeam- Information about our multidisciplinary assessment team for patients with ME/CFS, FM , MCS and who have experienced toxic exposures.
- Publications – This link has a list of my publications and presentations (other than the manual) including free access to my widely read and translated paper “Assessment and Treatment of ME/CFS: Guidelines for Psychiatrists”. PDF’s are in English, Italian, German and Norweigian.
- Newsletters – Free downloads of recent office newsletters and email bulletins
- Contact Us/Links – Go to this tab to send an email or to sign up for the practice newsletter
This website reflects my personal style, minimalistic with no advertisements, special effects, facebook or twitter links; just useful information. I have faith that those who will benefit from the contents will find it. I hope that you will be one of those who will benefit from the collected experience of my patients which is reflected on this website.
Thanks for taking the time to browse
Please note that I am not currently accepting new patients for individual assessment or psychotherapy. The Psychoeducational Group is OPEN to new patients and the ETeam is accepting new clients. I expect my main wait list to be closed for at least a year until I can catch up to demand. Apologies.
Eleanor (Ellie) Stein January 2014